Porter (Grade A)
- Grade A
- Fixed term: 6 months
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (The rota covers 2 weeks (Wednesday & Thursday) one week and and then (Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat & Sun) second week - hours are 7.30am – 7.30pm)
- Airedale General Hospital
- £18,546 Per Annum
- Today at 23:59
AGH Solutions is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airedale NHS Foundation Trust. We are proud of our NHS heritage, and proud to be supporting Airedale’s clinical services.
We provide a wide range of services from traditional facilities management and estate maintenance, to sterile services, wheelchair engineering and procurement, to clients both within and beyond the NHS.
To provide a portering service across all areas of the hospital, assisting patients, and colleagues.
Responsible for the transportation of patients, equipment, materials,
furniture, trollies, linen waste and, plus other associated duties.
To communicate effectively with patients, work colleagues and visitors
throughout the process of delivery of the service and at all times respecting
dignity and confidentiality.
Our Porter service operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Main duties of the job
We have opportunities for reliable, enthusiastic, people centred and caring individuals to join our Portering team. As a Porter you will be responsible for transporting patients around the hospital to ensure we are able to deliver the right care for our patients. This is a physically demanding role and involves lifting, pulling and pushing.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and above all will treat our patients with dignity and respect. This is a rewarding role that makes a real difference to people’s lives. Applicants must have experience of working with a diverse cross section of the community and the public in general. Previous experience is not essential but you must be able to align to the following values:
- Commitment to quality of care
- Working Together for Patients
- Everyone Counts
- Improving Lives
- Respect and Dignity
Please see attached further information about our values and behaviours.
Working for our organisation
AGH Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Airedale NHS Foundation Trust and provides Estates, Facilities and procurement services for the Trust.
We are looking for a highly motivated and professional individuals capable of working well within our current Portering Team.
We are proud of our NHS heritage, and our values are at the heart of all we do.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To carry out all portering duties in a safe manner using only equipment andtraining provided by the department and using manual handling techniques
- Handling and transportation of the deceased to the mortuary and for
- Compliance with policies and procedures
- Completion of mandatory training and relevant departmental training.
- Uses own initiative when carrying out duties on wards and departments to ensure service is provided and standards are met.
- Carry and respond to the crash bleep.
- Changing of medical gas cylinders
- Carry out duties as part of the Fire Response Team (FRT)
- Take an active role in any Major incident procedure
- Transportation of bloods, specimens and controlled drugs in line with
- Carryout the cleaning of equipment used by the department
- Post room duties
- Previous experience working with the public\ customers
- Experience of working as a porter
- Previous experience of working in a hospital\healthcare\care home environment
- Willingness to complete mandatory training and any departmental training\qualification
- Customer service training\qualification
- Communicates effectively
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to follow instructions both verbal and written
- Understanding of Confidentiality
- Demonstrates an understanding of Dignity & Respect
- Understanding of Health and Safety
- Knowledge of Portering
- Understanding of Information Governance
- Completion of Work Records
- Working to schedules, procedures and deadlines
- Motivation to provide a high standard of service
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the service
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jon Wilson
- Job title
- Head of Transport, Logistics & Security
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01535 294891