Porter (Grade A)
- Grade A
- Permanent: Various Hours
- Full time
- Part time
- Airedale General Hospital
- £9.65 Per Hour
- Today at 23:59
AGH Solutions is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airedale NHS Foundation Trust. We are proud of our NHS heritage, and proud to be supporting Airedale’s clinical services.
We provide a wide range of services from traditional facilities management and estate maintenance, to sterile services, wheelchair engineering and procurement, to clients both within and beyond the NHS.
Week 1, Tuesday to Saturday 1600 to 2200
Week 2, Monday to Thursday, Sunday 1600 to 2200
Monday to Friday 1100 to 1900
Thursday to Sunday 1300 to 2200
Monday to Friday 1200 to 2000 – 2x Vacancies
Saturday to Sunday 1200 to 2000 – 2x Vacancies
X-ray (Floating Porter)
Normal hours are 1000 to 1800, Monday to Friday.
This post will cover the following shift patterns when staff are on annual leave; 0800 to 1600, 0900 to 1700, 1000 to 1800, 1100 to 1900.
Main duties of the job
We have opportunities for reliable, enthusiastic, people centred and caring individuals to join our Bank for Porters. As a Porter you will be responsible for transporting patients around the hospital to ensure we are able to deliver the right care for our patients. This is a physically demanding role and involves lifting, pulling and pushing.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and above all will treat our patients with dignity and respect. This is a rewarding role that makes a real difference to people’s lives. Applicants must have experience of working with a diverse cross section of the community and the public in general. Previous experience is not essential but you must be able to align to the following values:
- Commitment to quality of care
- Working Together for Patients
- Everyone Counts
- Improving Lives
- Respect and Dignity
All staff will be trained on working in Pharmacy, Theatre, Xray etc
Please see attached further information about our values and behaviours.
Working for our organisation
AGH Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Airedale NHS Foundation Trust and provides Estates, Facilities and procurement services for the Trust.
We are looking for a highly motivated and professional individuals capable of working well within our current Portering Team.
We are proud of our NHS heritage, and our values are at the heart of all we do.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To carry out all portering duties in a safe manner using only equipment andtraining provided by the department and using manual handling techniques
- Handling and transportation of the deceased to the mortuary and for
- Compliance with policies and procedures
- Completion of mandatory training and relevant departmental training.
- Uses own initiative when carrying out duties on wards and departments to ensure service is provided and standards are met.
- Carry and respond to the crash bleep.
- Changing of medical gas cylinders
- Carry out duties as part of the Fire Response Team (FRT)
- Take an active role in any Major incident procedure
- Transportation of bloods, specimens and controlled drugs in line with
- Carryout the cleaning of equipment used by the department
- Post room duties
- Previous experience working with the public\ customers
- Experience of working as a porter
- Previous experience of working in a hospital\healthcare\care home environment
- Willingness to complete mandatory training and any departmental training\qualification
- Customer service training\qualification
Knowledge / Skills
- Communicates effectively
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge of portering procedures.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Israr Hussain
- Job title
- Facilities Services Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01535 294225