Facilities Administration Officer (Grade B)
- Grade B
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Airedale General Hospital
- £22,388 per annum
- Today at 23:59
AGH Solutions is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airedale NHS Foundation Trust. We are proud of our NHS heritage, and proud to be supporting Airedale’s clinical services.
We provide a wide range of services from traditional facilities management and estate maintenance, to sterile services, wheelchair engineering and procurement, to clients both within and beyond the NHS.
AGH Solutions Limited is a subsidiary of Airedale NHS Foundation Trust and provides Estates, Facilities and Procurement Services to the Trust. We have an opportunity for a reliable, organised individual to join our team as a key part of the AGH Solutions Facilities Admin, Accommoation and Interpreting Services office, supporting in the provision of efficient and effective administration support to the Facilities Managers/teams.
You should have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation, along with previous experience of undertaking Administration duties and diary management. The post holder will work well as part of a team and possess the aptitude to work to deadlines and be flexible. Previous experience of minute taking; working knowledge of computer software packages/databases and in particular the applications within Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
Main duties of the job
Works as part of the Facilities Administration, Accommodation and Interpreting Services (FAA&IS) team to lead or cover specific agreed areas, and provide assistance in the absence of colleagues as directed by the Service Manager.
To communicate effectively at all levels with colleagues within AGH Solutions Ltd, Airedale NHS Foundation Trust; and NHS hospital Trusts from across West Yorkshire and Harrogate including Airedale, Bradford, Craven and Harrogate PCT’s and other relevant agencies.
The post holder must be able to work unsupervised, on their own initiative and arrange their work load effectively to meet the appropriate deadlines.
Working for our organisation
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services. We are a national centre for telemedicine and introduced telehealth to the UK offender healthcare sector and also provide the service to patients in their care homes. Community matters to us and we are supported by 400 dedicated volunteers and have strong links with Bradford University, Craven College and Leeds City College to ensure we inspire the workforce of the future.
We want to attract staff who embrace our Right Care behaviours of compassion, a commitment to quality of care and working together for patients we want to make these part of our DNA.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Responsible for facilitating training and development as required by the Managers of Facilities Services including monitoring compliance and escalating any non-compliance or issues to Service Manager and Facilities Service Managers.
Be fully conversant with computer packages and office systems and is responsible for providing full administration support to Managers and Facilities teams in regards to information resources, record keeping, creating, amending, formatting and using effective access databases to provide accurate up to date and relevant information.
Schedules and attends all agreed allocated meetings with required participants, including taking responsibility for documenting, arranging and monitoring follow-up actions from meetings.
Supports the Facilities Senior Administrator and undertakes any tasks required facilitating the accommodation for users including all invoices, KPI’s and contract performance as directed by the Service Manager and in the absence of the Facilities Senior Administrator is the key point of contact for the Facilities Admin Team.
Works with the Facilities Senior Administrator and Transport Manager to ensure that Car parking permits are issued in-line with Procedures and the Car Parking system is updated as required.
Assists as required within the Facilities Admin, Accommodation and Interpreting (FAA&IS) team as directed by the Service Manager.
Provides regular monthly updates (or as required) to Managers on all outstanding training, making any sources and work booklets available and working with Managers to proactively put in place arrangements for teams to complete the training as required, updating the ESR system, Training Dept and the internal matrices as required, escalating any issues to the Services Managers.
Provides full administration support to the Managers and the Facilities teams with regards to producing required correspondence e.g. type letters, reports, spread sheets, presentations, other documentation and distribution as required by the Service Managers.
Provides admin cover for the Directors and Asst. Directors in the absence of the PA/other admin support.
If required ensures that diaries of Directors/Services Managers are maintained and kept up to date.
Schedules meetings in diaries, including organising venues, equipment, travel, hospitality as required and reports any apologies to the meeting Leads.
Attends meetings, produces Agenda’s, Minutes and any other documentation as directed by meeting Leads and distributes as required, also ensuring that follow-up actions from meetings is monitored.
Assists with maintaining and keeping up to date the ‘Schedule of Meetings’ list within the FAA&IS team.
Deals effectively and exercise judgement when dealing with contacts and correspondence on behalf of the management team and liaising with other departments and external clients.
Provides point of contact for the team e.g. receiving visitors, taking/making telephone calls, taking messages, actioning any queries as required.
Actions any emails as required by the Directors/Asst. Directors/ Services Mgrs. and general emails to support the FAA&IS Team.
Assists the Senior Facilities Administrator in ensuring the smooth provision of staff accommodation to Trust staff, locum doctors, and health care workers, students and other partner organisations, assisting with queries, completing documentation, liaising with colleagues, updating spreadsheets and checking all invoices are required and becoming first point of contact in the absence of the Senior Administration Officer.
To plan and undertake risk assessments and audits/projects as directed by the Service Manager.
Works with the Facilities Senior Administrator in providing the below Admin Services as directed by the Service Manager.
• Admin support to Mgrs. for checking of relevant invoices for their services, resolving any queries with contractors/suppliers and providing information to Mgrs. to approve invoices before submitting to Payments.
• Ensure laundry data is entered for linen and uniforms supplied as required.
• Raising of monthly invoices to organisations as relevant in line with the NTRDA’s process.
• Check waste collections consignment notes, Waste invoices and support managers to resolve any queries around waste, ensuring all documentation is retained and filed.
• admin support to Mgrs. for submitting and recording of people records, e.g. sickness absence, annual leave, contractual information, people mandatory training etc… ensuring all documentation is saved and filed, producing any reports as required.
• Admin support for Car Parking, Transport and Security such as issuing/cancelling of Car Parking permits, and sending relevant documents to Payroll for deduction of Car Parking payments from payroll, maintaining any relevant logs and records.
• Request new or replacement fuel cards and maintain a log of card holders (together with pins and vehicle details) and monitor use of spare cards, reporting any issues to the relevant manager.
• Receiving calls for Interpreting Services, taking messages and booking requests including booking any requests through Agency and or arranging telephone/video interpreting.
• Placing requests for stationery, equipment and other requirements on the Procurement systems, ensuring goods/services have been fulfilled and resolving any discrepancies.
• Co-ordinating, collating reports which require submission to Trust, AGHS Leads e.g. KPI’s, Risk Assessment etc…
• Receives/Opens incoming mail, in line with process, and handles outgoing mail, e.g. Letters, documents and distributes as required.
• All other general admin support such as record keeping and saving of documents, Posters, typing of letters, SOP’s, scanning, photocopying etc…
• Updating Systems, Shared Drives, Internal and External websites and data input as required.
To supervise the Facilities Admin office in the absence of the Senior Facilities Administrator.
Assist with Recruitment, Inductions and Training as required within the FAA&IS team.
Assist with reviewing any Standing Operating Procedures within FAA&IS team.
Comply with Health and Safety regulations, reporting any risks and works with the Service Manager to implement any improvements.
To maintain and evaluate systems to promote the confidentiality of any confidential, sensitive information and documents.
Works with the Services Manager in being proactive on developing, implementing and maintaining effective Office and Facilities systems of work.
Responsible for ensuring that any mandatory training relevant to the Job Role is kept up to date and undertakes any training required.
Responsible for prioritising own workload and ensuring adherence to appropriate deadlines
Participates in personal development reviews process and considers personal development in line with the organisational Business Objectives.
Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters at all times.
Adopts a flexible approach to meet the demands of the Service Provision.
Supporting the Facilities Admin and Interpreting Team as directed by the Service Manager.
Full administration support to Asst. Directors, Managers and Facilities teams as required.
Achieving the expected Mandatory Training compliance for all Facilities Services.
- Educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent)
- RSA III/II or equivalent qualifications
- Minute taking qualifications.
- Previous relevant Diary Management experience.
- Experience of working in a general Administration Office.
- Experience of Facilitating Training.
- Experience of Staff Supervision
- Experience of working face to face and/or via telephone contact
- Experience of assisting with project management
- Previous NHS experience
- Knowledge in General Administration Office Processes and Procedures.
- Knowledge of Computer Software Packages and Office Systems/Databases
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality.
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues.
- Effective Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Good Organisational skills
- Minute Taking Skills
- High Standard of Literacy
- Working to own initiatives, planning and prioritisation of workloads
- Able to meet tight deadline.
- Analytical Skills and Mathematical Orientation
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Shaida Latif-Ali
- Job title
- Admin, Accommodation and Interpreting Manager
- Email address